::: Trixyy :::

Butterflies and Broken Wings. :: Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about things that matter ::

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Pain in the cheek

I had thought I blogged about my dentistry problem some time back. But I've learnt from Ash that I apparently didn't (must be getting old)
Because I am suffering from that pain in the cheek once again, I thought I'd explain to you my.. not-too-impressive problem.

Some time last year, there was a period where alot of my friends were going for wisdom tooth extraction. So I learnt a great deal more about it, and decide to visit my dentist for a checkup as well, since my wisdom tooth kept bothering me quite a bit.

Up till this point, I had always assumed that the last tooth in my mouth was my wisdom tooth. Because it was slanted, and not fully out in the surface of my gums. The size of that last tooth is say 1/6 of a normal tooth?

I went to the dentist and very innocently told him to give me comments on my wisdom tooth, and if I should remove it at this stage.

He looked into my mouth, looked again and said,

"I don't see any wisdom tooth at all"

My first thought, when he said that was,

"Oh man! Does it mean I am unwise?"

I swear that was my first thought.
But immediately after, I thought to myself,

"great! So I don't have wisdom tooth, so I can save money on extractions (and alot of pain as well)"

But the dentist recommended that I went for an X-ray to confirm.
I went for it thinking, "oh what the hell" it's just x-ray?

The results were devstating.

Turns out, I do have a wisdom tooth (just one, but I'm satisfied enough.. at least I am wise).
But that tooth is embedded deep with my gums, that's why he couldn't see it when he did just a visual check.

Not only is it beneath my gums, it's virtually horizontal, growing towards my other teeth beside it.
Which in the long run, would force my teeth on the bottom row to be squashed in a way.

He adviced me to remove that tooth.
But that procedure entails a surgery, which I am not too sure I'm up for it. Further, that stupid wisdom tooth (not that wise now) is sitting on one of my nerves, which could potentially be quite a bother during the extraction. Because thereafter, that area might be numb for a couple of months.

As Ashley like to put it, if I'm slapped on my left side, perhaps I won't feel a thing.

The dentist also said that because of this silly tooth of mine, I could get frequent headaches (spot on here) and there may be infection (read: fever), which was what was happening to me then (and NOW).

The reason why I am bringing this up once again, because I have a slightly swollen left cheek (that you probably can't spot immediately), but it is annoying the fuck out of me. The ache is crazy, not painful but crazy.

So it's a die or die situation now.
It's either I live with this stupid pain in the cheek, or I have to extract it, which is well... a major major decision for me.

Grr..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home