::: Trixyy :::

Butterflies and Broken Wings. :: Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about things that matter ::

Friday, August 25, 2006

That one time

Before I go running off towards the weekend, thought I'd blog about that one time.

Believe it or not.
At the grand old age of twenty-four (ok, not yet but soon), I was on national radio for the first time yesterday.
All that nonstop tuning in to 987 did really pay off.
Hah.

It was on a whim, really.

I heard this silly game they were playing on the radio (on the Dan and Young show). They played a snippet of a soccer commentary and deliberately beeped out a word (that sounded pretty suggestive) and asked us to sms our answers in.
So the past 10 years of soccer watching (and listening to the commentary) paid off!! I think the snippet was something like " bla bla bla Phil Neville measure the *beep*-sounded like crotch- bla bla bla". Although it didn't sound right. But my answer (and the right one of course) is cross. I thought about it for abit and decided to send an sms in. Because that sms cost 30cents can? Although I don't pay my phone bills, I wouldn't like my mum hollering me about my phone bill, and threatening to stop paying for me. (I know! I'm such a baby).

You know how they always seemed to call the winner live on air?
Well, I know firsthand now that they don't.

Because I was still listening to the music on 987 when they called me.
It was a private number and I had initially assumed it was bopzoe, and wanted to answer the call with, "so you got my money" (thank God I didn't)

It's funny listening to those 2 guys get all excited and giggly, and it's a major awkward moment for me because my office is oh-so-silent can? I think the whole office would have heard what I was saying, though I reckon a few were listening to the radio/mp3s (I hope not 987, then they'll know I am skiving at work!)

It's scary and a really cringe-worthy moment to hear your own voice on national radio and listening to the silly things you said on national radio.
Bah.

So I won a $50 voucher for.....
I have no idea what man.
And I think it's a voucher because.. honestly I really don't know.
They spoke too fast for me.
Oh man.
Hur.

Somehow that experience is enough for me to know, I'd keep that 30cents and refrain being a smart alice now.
Unless of course the price is a 10 day full expenses paid trip to... EUROPE or something.

Once is enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home