::: Trixyy :::

Butterflies and Broken Wings. :: Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about things that matter ::

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Special

I always insist that every single one of us is unique in their little ways.
Sometimes, this little ways in which I think we are unique seem a wee bit too .. little?
It's like that.
I assume that everyone is different in bigger ways than little stuff like different hair/body shape, face shape etc etc. I maintain the belief that there is no one person who looks exactly like you in this great big world. Silly perhaps, because the world is afterall so big and the possibilities are huge. But! I believe no one is a replica of another.

This applies character-wise as well
That is to say, no one person's character is the exact same as another. That's how every one of us is unique isn't it?

With the worldwideweb being so accesible to people all over the world, we see more people pouring their heartfelts online, blogging about those small little intricate details that really spell out a person's character or maybe gives you hints of that person's character. Perhaps that's why I am hooked onto reading blogs. I like to read about how different each of us from one another. How one person thinks differently about a certain issue, and how wide the differences are. Well, the same goes for my own blog as well. I convey what is closest to my heart, though I admit its a very restrained view because well, everyone practices self censorship at some point it is the closest to what there is. So it's generally fine with me, when people oppose the views I have or that they bring a different set of conclusion or interpretation from what is read.
That is perhaps one of the downsides of a blog. Communication is one-way. That is to say, I interprete my message in a way and compose my message the best that I can and pen it down. It is however up to the person reading to interpret it, the real meaning may be lost somehow. That is inevitable.

However, other forms of communication that is mostly 2-way it's hard to misintepret.
That is, if I say something directly to a person, it is not possible to misinterpret the message, because there is afterall possibilities of clearing up any miscommunication.

Ok. I digress. I never really meant to blabber on so much about the stupidities of people, and how they misinterpret specific instructions.

Back to reading blogs of great many people from every spectre of life.
There are the ones that you balk at, laugh at their ideas (not laugh at the lousy English, though sometimes I do), ponder about the issues brought up, and disagree with some of their opinions.

Lately however, as I read more and more blogs.
I come to think of us humans as less and less special.
That is to say, certain little things that I like and think strongly of, I'd chance upon another somewhere somehow liking the same thing and feeling strongly of the same ideas.
It was initially good to find someone who thinks the same as you and share your opinions. But as time passes, when you read more blogs and find little the lines separating one from another blurring, it's discomforting.

Perhaps because of blogs and ideas are shared. Some read ideas of others, agree and passes them off as their own. But there are also other little stuff that are strangely similar.
This leads me to really wonder if we are all that unique as we think.
When what you feel strongly about is felt the same as another. And someone, say a total stranger shares the same interest and likes as you.
It's scary.

So am I special?
If so, why is it others like the same segment of a movie as I do, enjoy reading like I do and think of it as one of the world's greatest pleasure?
To read and read and read.

Or have I gotten the definition of special wrong?

I know it's weekend, and I am supposed to be out prowling the streets or at least doing something f-u-n.
But here I am stuck at home waiting for a missy to pick up her phone or at least return my call just so I can return her the precious.
PLUS, I'm suffering from.. cramps.
Screw that.

I woke up this morning thinking about work (or rather, the stuff that I forgot to do at work). I had actually prepared to blog all about it. But decided against it in the end. Because a) I found something else better that I want to blog about and b) I don't want to dwell on the shit. I shall make peace with that tomorrow when I am suffering from the Monday blues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home