::: Trixyy :::

Butterflies and Broken Wings. :: Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about things that matter ::

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Scent of a..

I've always been a very sensitive-to-smell person.
The boy thinks it's because I'm born in the year of a dog. This is a really strange thought, does that mean that he is more prone to bird flu? (He's Rooster).

Anyhow, I have my quirks.
I hate getting stuck on the bus next to a man who've never showered in (I dare say) weeks. You know there's this smell that reeks from someone who never showered? Or maybe never showered with some nice smelling soap or something.
I cannot possibly describe or emulate that scent for you (not at this present state of technology. not yet) But I trust some of you (perhaps those born in the year of the dogs) will know the type of scent that I am referring to. It's terrible really.

I hate smelly sweaty boys after a soccer game (except perhaps my loved ones) but other than that. I hate getting stuck in a queue with boys fresh out of a basketball game. I'd rather trade places with the boy and have him queue while I take a breather outside the convenience store than to be stuck in queue fighting for fresh air.
I know how everybody stinks after all that workout. BUT there's a different between being able to tolerate it and accepting it.
Because if you realise these boys always act as if this was one macho thing that the girls have to put up with. They are neither ashamed nor self conscious about the way they smell. In fact, they are totally oblivious to it, which makes it all even more difficult to tolerate because they like to take their time around the store or worse, lift their hands up and make huge movements which are... not too good a gesture if you are stinking real bad.

I hate the scent of overpowering cheap perfume. Note the word cheap.
It's not that I am oh-so-fussy ok. (alright, maybe I am)
There is a difference (once again) between dunking half of bottle of Issey Miyake on yourself and dunking half a bottle of cheap perfume on yourself.
As much as both are almost equally annoying, I have more tolerance for the not-too-cheap perfumes because they do sometimes smell pleasant enough (even though it's overpowering).
Can you imagine sniffing cheap perfume in huge lethal quantities especially in confined areas? I really really really hate it.

That aside, it's also the scent of a person that sets them aside for me.
The boy's perfume was the only reason why I agreed on a second date (ok, he lured me out with Swensen's Earthquake.) But his perfume was not the classic Armani or Hugo Boss, it was something spicier and more mysterious (I like!)

I love the Anna Sui nail polish.
They have this faint rose scent (I prefer to call it the Bandung smell) that I liken to fairies.
Initially I thought this scent was pointless.
That was till I realise now I can stick my fingers up my nose whenever I come across smelly boys/men/ladies (who seem to always smell like fish) or when I'm in smelly toilets!
What an ingenious invention from Anna Sui!

Now I don't have to get all nauseous in the toilet.
I can just sniff my nails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home