::: Trixyy :::

Butterflies and Broken Wings. :: Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about things that matter ::

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sale.

It's very cliche.
Before every employee sale, I'd tell myself the exact same thing
"We are only going to take a look-see and not come out with major purchases."

I swear it's the same thing every single time.
Really.

Even though the mailer promised major luxury brands, I insisted I was only going for look-see.

This is what a simple look-see did to me.













I walked around that small cramped room feeling highly revolted by the crowd. Firstly, I didn't know that my company had that many people. But the way they grabbed the merchandise was as if it's free. I had always thought those Fendi bags on the arms of aunties in the market were fakes. Now, I'd definitely give it another look. Not that it was all that bad an experience, because I know I definitely do not want to be seen carrying a Fendi now.

Anyhow, I had initially walked away from the scene unscathed.
That was until I was bored with waiting for my colleague selecting those hats from a rather huge pile.
I've decided to give the cosmetics another glance, and that's when all these little boxes called out to me.

As much as Anna Sui's packaging had been very enticing from the beginning, I never really believed in splurging that much on cosmetics except for foundation (which I've thus far downgraded to ZA). I think it makes more sense to be splurging on skincare than cosmetics.

I like these boxes enough to open them and fall in love with their packaging.
This explains two eyeshadow and two nail polishes.
The mascara came when the lady behind the counter started pulling out merchandise from under the table and insisted I take a look. It was the mascara with glitter that you put on on top of normal mascara. I found this quite interesting (not because it's a glitter mascara). But because I remember quite vividly that an ex boyfriend was the one who first told me about this product and how some of his colleagues were using it. He had offered to buy it for me then. But I thought it was ridiculous to pay so much for a stupid mascara.
Anyhow, I decided to get it.

Power of independence, ladies. (or if you prefer it, well power of stupidity then)

And even though I am not a fan of lippies, I totally dig the lipstick packaging.

It has a butterfly lor. Maybe I should tattoo this butterfly somewhere next. (Not the Anna Sui though)

































On top of all these Anna Sui stuff (which I got them at 60% off-and no, they are not expired or nearing expiry), I shared a box of 3 Lancome mascara with colleagues all because it's cheap.
I am such an auntie sometimes.
We paid $48 for 3, and the usual price was $168 for 3. So it's like a major major saving (one that I cannot bear to miss). So I walk away with 1 for $16, and I don't even know if it's good.

So now, I have a grand total of f-i-v-e unused mascaras.
o.m.f.g
Don't ask me how.
I have no idea either.

On normal occasions, the boy would have gone into a hissy fit by now.
But I got him a box of Clinique men stuff to shut him up a little (to no avail).
He however, took the box aside and continued to threaten me about my impending bankrupcy.
I am very nearing that point.
Considering the fact that I still have a HKG trip to pay and money to spend in HKG to think about.
tsk tsk.

I don't want to break my bank!

-wails-

I will auction my Anna Sui off instead?

Sigh.
All the Anna Sui products have a faint rose scent. They lull me into thinking fantasy and fairies.
No idea why man.
I so can't bear to use them.

Tsk tsk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home